Socket & Switch
Eaton Crouse Hinds
Whether you are powering lighting fixtures or portable equipment, you need a receptacle solution that stands up to the harsh environmental and physical demands of land-based drilling applications. PowerGard™ receptacles and back boxes meet and exceed your power needs with an easy-install, universal footprint suitable for rig maintenance, retrofits and new builds. Now cULus Listed for use in Canada.
1. Universal Footprint - Provides field flexibility for retrofits or installation in tight places. UL classified for use with Appleton® U-Line Series.
2. Superior Hardware - Stainless steel external hardware eliminates corrosion on critical components and extends product life. Hex head screws allow for easy achievement of specified torque values.
3. Enhanced Safety - Rejects standard NEMA/EEMAC plug configurations that could potentially cause an arc in hazardous areas. Plug cannot be disengaged under load.
4. Robust Construction - Can handle temperature extremes ranging from -50°C to +55°C where comparable products are not certified to operate. Epoxy powder coat finish, integral gasket and stainless steel hardware ensure suitability for NEMA 3RX applications. Vibration tested at 1G to ensure continuity in high vibration areas.
5. Safespring Faceplate - Spring loaded faceplate design prevents receptacle from being energized without the use of UL certified hazardous location plug. Rugged Krydon® faceplate won't crack after continued use in the field.
6. Easy-install Terminals - Molded-in-place phase and ground markings reduce installation errors. Easy-to-wire saddle clamp terminals reduce installation time and effort. Receptacle suitable for through feed/loop wiring; no additional wire nuts or terminators needed.
7. Best-in-class Cover - Combo head, stainless steel screws make replacement easy. Clearly marked operating instructions ensure proper operation and safety when plugging and unplugging. Threaded cover option available for exceptional watertight integrity.